STUDENT’S RIGHT TO CANCEL
Allied Business Schools, Inc.
Attn: Refund Department
22952 Alcalde Dr.
Laguna Hills, CA 92653
You have the right to cancel the enrollment agreement and obtain a refund. Requests for cancellation and refunds may be made in any manner. Students should return course materials to:
If you wish to cancel within the first seven (7) business days after enrollment, you have the right to receive a full refund of all charges. In this case, you are asked to refuse all shipments from Allied Schools. If you wish to cancel after the seventh business day but before any lessons are submitted, you are entitled to a full refund minus a non-refundable registration fee of 20% of the cost of the course (not to exceed $200). Any refunds for cancellations will be paid within 30 days.
If you have completed at least one lesson but no more than 60% of the lessons in the course and wish to withdraw, you are entitled to receive a pro-rata refund for the unused portion of the tuition until the course termination date (see enrollment agreement for exact termination date). Refunds will be paid according to the following formula:
A non-refundable registration fee of 20% of the cost of the course (not to exceed $200) is deducted from the total amount paid for the course. The remaining amount is then divided by the total number of lessons in the course. This amount constitutes the per lesson charge for the course. Finally, the number of incomplete lessons in the course is multiplied by the per lesson charge. The remaining amount is the refund that is owed to you. If you have completed more than 60% of the lessons in the course and wish to withdraw, you would not be entitled to a refund. The refund period ends on the initial course termination date, even if an extension is granted in order for you to complete any unfinished lessons.
Any refunds for cancellations will be paid within 30 days.
Arbitration Agreement and Waiver of Jury Trial
- 1. Any dispute I may bring against Allied Business Schools, Inc. (ABS), or any of its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, or employees, without limitation, or which the College may bring against me, no matter how characterized, pleaded or styled, shall be resolved by binding arbitration, conducted by the American Arbitration Association, under its Consumer Rules, and decided by a single arbitrator. The arbitrator will decide the case pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act, and under the laws of the state of California. Any dispute over the interpretation, enforceability or scope of this Arbitration Agreement shall be decided by the Arbitrator, and not by a Court. I explicitly waive any right I may have to a jury trial, and understand that the decision of the arbitrator will be binding, and not merely advisory.
- 2. Neither ABS nor I shall file any lawsuit against the other in any court and agree that any suit filed in violation of this provision shall be promptly dismissed by the court in favor of arbitration. Both ABS and I agree that the party enforcing arbitration shall be awarded costs and fees of compelling arbitration.
- 3. The costs of the arbitration filing fee, arbitrators compensation, and facilities fees that exceed the applicable court filing fee will be paid by ABS.
- 4. I agree that any dispute or claim I may bring shall be brought solely in my individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class action, representative proceeding, mass action or consolidated action.
- 5. Any remedy available from a court under the law shall be available in the arbitration.
- 6. To the extent I have outstanding federal student loan or other third party student loan obligations incurred in connection with my enrollment at ABS, any arbitration award providing monetary damages shall direct that those damages be first paid toward my student loan obligations.
- 7. I may, but need not, be represented by an attorney at arbitration.
- 8. The fact of and all aspects of this arbitration and the underlying dispute shall remain strictly confidential by the parties, their representatives and AAA. I agree that any actual or threatened violation of this provision would result in irreparable harm, and will be subject to being immediately enjoined.
- 9. If I desire to initiate arbitration, Information about the AAA arbitration process and the Consumer Rules also can be obtained at www.adr.org or 1-800-778-7879. I shall disclose this document to the AAA.
- 10. If any paragraph, sub-paragraph, provision, or clause herein is held invalid, said paragraph, sub-paragraph, provision, or clause shall not affect any other paragraph, sub-paragraph, provision, or clause that can have effect without the invalidated paragraph, sub-paragraph, provision, or clause, and thus is severable one from the other.